The Outdoor Speed Silhouette shooters will make ready at the shooting lanes and must adhere to the following rules:
- All Shooters are under the direction of the Range Master. Any safety violations will immediately disqualify a shooter for that relay
- Anyone shooting targets NOT in their designated lane will be disqualified. Those competitors whose targets have been shot must declare and shoot another relay
- Magazines must be empty and all pellets must be in the original box or tin at the beginning of the match – Competitors are NOT allowed to stage pellets. Tins must be shaken prior to the relay starting. Anyone caught staging pellets will be disqualified from the match
- Shooters are allowed the use of bi-pods
- Shooters must use the benches that are provided at the range
- Shooters are only allowed the use of a front rest – No other part of the airgun may touch the bench
- The target must be KNOCKED DOWN or OFF THE BRICK in order for the relay to count
- Once all targets are down the shooter must press the electronic stop button – Time will be recorded and line judges will also verify that all targets have been knocked down or off the brick
- Airgun Rifles or Pistols – Must use lead pellets – NO BBs/Round Balls/Bullets/Slugs
- Airguns can be single shot or magazine fed
- Any caliber is allowed up to .25 caliber
- Any type of sight is allowed
- No semi or fully automatic airguns are allowed – All airguns must have a cocking device or action for each shot fired
- No magazine loading apparatus allowed
- If using a magazine, must use factory OEM magazines ONLY (NEW-2018)
Open Class Rules:
Same Rules as Above, with these exceptions:
- Magazines can be pre-loaded and ready in rifle
- Semi-automatic airguns are allowed
- Any magazine design may be used
- Magazine loading apparatus allowed
- Each shooter will have 16 targets that must be KNOCKED down or off the BRICK.
- This is a timed event and the object is to knock down all 16 targets in the shortest amount of time.
- There will be 20 shooting lanes open and rounds will be run every 5 to 10 minutes.
- The top ten (10) lowest times in each class will qualify for the finals to be held on Sunday before the 100 Yard Extreme Benchrest competition.
- Shooters will be allowed to shoot in three qualifying rounds.
- The targets are all standard metal .22 LR silhouette and include four rams, four pigs, four turkeys and four chickens.
- Targets will be placed at approximately 25, 35, 45 and 55 yards.
Outdoor Speed Silhouette Classes:
- Pro Class – Any person associated with any company, promoter or manufacturer of airguns or airgun accessories. Also, any competitor who has placed higher than 3rd in any EBR competition. Also, any person who wishes to declare themselves as a Pro Class Shooter may do so.
- Sportsman Class – All other competitors who are not classified in the Pro Class for this event.
- Open Class – Any shooter using equipment defined above under Open Class Rules, regardless of Pro/Sportsman Classes.
Outdoor Speed Silhouette Prizes:
- Pro Class
- 1st Place = $1000.00 Cash prize from Airguns of Arizona
- 2nd Place = $500.00 Cash prize from Airguns of Arizona
- 3rd Place = $250.00 Cash prize from Airguns of Arizona
- Sportsman Class
- 1st Place = $500.00 Airguns of Arizona Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place = $250.00 Airguns of Arizona Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place = $125.00 Airguns of Arizona Gift Certificate
- Open Class
- 1st Place = PCP Air Rifle valued between $1500-$2000